[Samba] attempt to join WIN7 to 4.1 DC fails

Tiago Ribeiro shasty at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:29:23 MDT 2014

Em 15/04/2014, à(s) 13:41, Brandon Lake <lakeb at sonic.net> escreveu:

> I can ping garcon.lac.internal from the WIN7 client, however it resolves as the external IP and not the internal IP as I would have expected.  Is that an issue or to be expected?
>
> Could this be a NAT issue? I haven't added any special chains to my IPTABLES regarding ADS required ports and I have seen suggestions that this may be necessary.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> ~B

possibly its error is DNS.
Make some tests on your server:

# host -t A garcon.lac.internal

What’s your return?

to repair your DNS errors you can use samba-tools like this:

root at freebsd-asrl:~ # samba-tool dns add localhost lac.internal garcon A <your_internal_IP> -U Administrator
Password for [LAC\Administrator]:
Record added successfully

root at freebsd-asrl:~ # samba-tool dns delete localhost lac.internal garcon A <your_external_ip> -U Administrator
Password for [REDES\Administrator]:
Record deleted successfully

--
www.bsdjf.com.br