[Samba] samba-tool OU's organisational units

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:08:22 MDT 2014

On 16/04/14 01:48, Stuart Naylor wrote:
> I am confused as with samba-tool it does practically everything and all the default methods of M$ AD are covered.
>
> For some reason OU's seem to be missing I know OU's are very Group policy orientated but also they are simply Organisational Units.
>
> The ability to list, create and delete OU's seems to be omitted.
>
> Also when you add a user the destination OU parameter is missing.

Hi, you can already put users & groups into a different OU with samba-tool:

--userou=USEROU       Alternative location (without domainDN counterpart) to
                       default CN=Users in which new user object will be
                       created

--groupou=GROUPOU     Alternative location (without domainDN counterpart) to
                       default CN=Users in which new user object will be
                       created

Try running 'samba-tool --help'

Rowland