[Samba] Error0x00000006 with Point'n'Print Client Drivers

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Apr 14 11:22:31 MDT 2014

Hello Matthias,

Am 14.04.2014 15:05, schrieb Matthias Jänichen:
> I found this in the archives and suffer from the very same problem. Has
> there been any progress?

I haven't heard from the OP, if he filed a bug. If not, can you do that?
And please include a level 10 debug log, exact driver name and version, etc.

You can try an older version of the driver. I had an issue with some HP
drivers some years ago. But older versions worked. Something in the
newer ones was incompatible with Samba at that time.

> BTW: upload for x64 drivers only works, if you specify below in smb.conf
> [global]
>     spoolss: architecture = Windows x64

That's expected.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server#An_uploaded_driver_is_not_shown_in_the_list.2C_when_trying_to_associate_it_with_a_printer