[Samba] Why would "net rpc rights grant" fail ?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 14 04:00:29 MDT 2014

Ok,

first you have the latest script, so thats ok.
If only the Privileges go wrong atm then thats a "root/Administrator" thingy.

but.. if its only the Privileges ( on the dc) , i would say, continue with the upgrade first.
and when its all done, stop samba and bind
backup /var/cache/bind  /var/cache/samba /var/lib/samba /etc/samba
start up again and.. im guessing big time, so just try ...

net rpc rights grant YOURDOMAIN\\"Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdministrator
net rpc rights grant YOURDOMAIN\\"Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UYOURDOMAIN\\Administrator
net rpc rights grant YOURDOMAIN\\"Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UYOURDOMAIN\\Adminkoen
net rpc rights grant YOURDOMAIN\\"Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdminkoen
net rpc rights grant YOURDOMAIN\\"Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uroot

and something as : ( /etc/samba/smb.conf )
username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping

!root = YOURDOMAIN\Administrator YOURDOMAIN\administrator

Best regards,

Louis