[Samba] web services

Michal Boruvka boruvka.michal at seznam.cz
Sun Apr 13 02:02:02 MDT 2014

Hello,
I have PDC  sernet samba 4.1.6 (DOM4) and BDC w2k8 (domain & forest
level 2008R2)
I'd like use web services from w2k8, but if I run from windows

nltest /dsgetdc:DOMAIN /ws

samba return:
Getting dc name failed: Status = 1355 0x54b ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN

If nltest direct query to samba server i get this error, but if is query
directed to w2k8 all works fine. But I dont know how manage query
direction.

If i transfered all fsmo roles to w2k8, some time it was working, but
next day was queries directed to samba again, and web services didnt work.

Is there some way use WS?

Thanks
Michal Boruvka