[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at thursbygarden.org
Sat Apr 12 20:31:49 MDT 2014

I am not sure about SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

As I have ran through various setups

senet4.1.6 with ext4 /home

senet4.1.6 with btrfs /home

senet4.1.6 with btrfs subvolume /home

and various others of domain level and with or without rfc2307

With http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/ Setting_up_a_home_share I have never needed to set SeDiskOperatorPrivilege it works on all without being set. Unless it is now the default?

As soon as you enable server side copies IE declare vfs objects = btrfs

Things get a bit weird with the permissions.

Again with http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/ when setting the disk permissions for home no matter many how many times you try to delete the groups (everybody, creatorgroup and an unknown) they just reappear.
Also changes to the permissions of correct groups also doesn't.

Typically me, server side copies where the last thing I tried after successful attempts on plethora of setup configurations.