[Samba] sub-folders security access question

Jean Carlos Coelho coelho at teltecsolutions.com.br
Fri Apr 11 07:57:30 MDT 2014

Hi Guys!

A simple question..

I never worked with ACL's and since my costumer want some access levels for some sub-foldes in shares, I am reading some manuals about that.. But.. Before apply some testings, I need some advices about this.. Here is my question...

Parent folder (share): FOLDER
Sub-folder1: PROJETC1
Sub-folder2: PROJECT2
User1: DIRECTOR
Group: Director/Projects

User2: Employee1
Group: Project1

User3: Employee2
Group: Project2

Scenario:

Director can move/rename/exclude folder from FOLDER...
User1 can only access/read and execute files inside PROJECT1 and read PROJECT2
User2 can only access/read and execute files inside PROJECT2 and read PROJECT1

Can I use setfacl to solve this problem? Does anyone knows some good website with instructions and eg. Of usage?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english!