[Samba] centos 6.5 sernet-samba 4.1.6 member server winbind idmap fail

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Fri Apr 11 01:48:40 MDT 2014

ok, I was just wondering wrong :) my domain is clearly screwed.

I didn't noticed this weird behaviour of Administrator until I started
to play with a linux member.

on samba logs I see no errors (except CUPS but I don't bother)
I have a zimbra box that uses the dc for autoprovisioning accounts and
auth.. perfectly working
an owncloud server whit LDAP accounts from DC.. no problems
some windows machines with a couple of GPO and shares... running

...really can't say at what point in time this got broken.

I have to face a complete reprovision an rejoin all the clients (I hope
zimbra and owncloud will give no problems as I suppose they'll stick to
their config files as the're not joined with net join but just using
LDAP accounts to get auth and info)

maybe better start from clean VMs
- install sernet's packages
- provision same domain
- set domain users with a GID
- import users (and set UID and GID directly from samba-tool create)
- join fileserver as member
- test administrator behaviour and all the other functions

if it's all ok, then I shut down old dc, change ip on the new one
(adapting also DNS entries and fileserver's net config) and I should be
good to go
(rejoining all the windows boxes)

am I right with this hard-path?

Lorenzo Faleschini
IT Manager @ Nord Est Systems srl
m: +39 335 6055225 | skype: falegalizeit