[Samba] centos 6.5 sernet-samba 4.1.6 member server winbind idmap fail

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Thu Apr 10 13:51:22 MDT 2014

Il 10/04/2014 20:24, Rowland Penny ha scritto:

> Try removing the uidNumber from the Administrator, my Administrator
> does not have a uidNumber and everything just seems to work. Mapping
> Administrator to root in a file read by smb.conf is a much better idea.
>
> Rowland

Tried this, but no results.
The Administrator user seem to have no privileges.
When I use the Computer Management console as Administrator to manage
shares on fileserver or dc I cannot  even open the "sessions" or "open
files" tab, nor I can set the "Security" tab for a share.
When I use the Computer Management console as OtherAdmin (manually
created user added to Domain Admins) I can do everything as expected and
shares work properly.

I tried also to disable Administrator and reenable in ADUC but no way.

I don't know if there's any problem in having Administrator user not
working 100%..
I think I'll copy all the membership of Administrator's groups to
another user (OtherAdmin) then I'll deactivate the Administrator
account. Looks like a workaround but if it works I will not complain.

do you think I should file a bug? maybe try to reproduce it from a fresh
install?

Lorenzo Faleschini
IT Manager @ Nord Est Systems srl