[Samba] wbinfo on DC and member server different output

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 8 08:07:37 MDT 2014

Hai,

wbinfo -u give back on my Domain Controller.

Administrator
Guest
krbtgt
dns-dc1
dns-dc2

and  wbinfo -g
Enterprise Read-Only Domain Controllers
Domain Admins
Domain Users
Domain Guests
Domain Computers
Domain Controllers
Schema Admins
Enterprise Admins
Group Policy Creator Owners
Read-Only Domain Controllers
DnsUpdateProxy

on the member server :
administrator
dns-dc2
dns-dc1
krbtgt

and wbinfo -g

wbinfo -g | sort
allowed rodc password replication group
cert publishers
denied rodc password replication group
dnsadmins
dnsupdateproxy
domain admins
domain computers
domain controllers
domain guests
domain users
enterprise admins
enterprise read-only domain controllers
group policy creator owners
ras and ias servers
read-only domain controllers
schema admins

There are multiple differences, how can this be?  and how can i make sure the member server gets the same output as my domain controller.
I use lots op scripts on other servers and because of  the CAPS Caps caps diffences this goes wrong.

Can i change this behaivor or not ?
because on linux:   administrator <is_not> Administrator

and why do i see more groups on the member server than on the ADDC Server.

Louis