[Samba] Consistent UID/GID mappings?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Apr 7 13:52:39 MDT 2014

Hello Alexandre,

Am 07.04.2014 21:43, schrieb Alexandre Beauclair:
> The problem I have is I can't seem to be able to get
 > consistent UIDs and GIDs across all platforms.

You have to fill the stuff in the unix attributes tab in ADUC.

It it isn't there, you haven't provisioned your domain with
--use-rfc2307. You enable the NIS extension later (not tried):
https://serverfault.com/questions/558090/enable-nis-extensions-rfc2307-on-samba-4-ad-after-installation

> I've seen sample configurations using the
 > "idmap config DOM : backend = ad" configuration, but
 > did not have any kind of success with it

If you have filled the attributes in AD (UID, home, etc.) have a look here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba/Domain_Member#Setting_up_a_basic_smb.conf

As an alternative you can setup sssd instead of Winbind and retrieve the
account data from AD:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/sssd

Regards,
Marc