[Samba] Samba documentation team

Stefan Maerz stefan.maerz at thecommunitypartnership.org
Sat Apr 5 17:27:58 MDT 2014

On 4/4/2014 4:44 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 04/04/14 22:02, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
>> It is also not encouraging that the documentation  page on
>> www.samba.org  (including the official how to)  is for Samba 3.
>> It suggests that Samba 4 is still only for early adopters or testers.
>
> Never really paid much attention to the documentation page on
> www.samba.org, but now that you have drawn my attention to it, I went
> and had a look at it. Never mind most of it not being relevant any
> more , that page belongs in a museum, I think that the only thing that
> is of any use is the link to the Samba licence.
>
> Samba 4 is not just for early adopters and testers, it is the future
> and don't forget 3.6 will reach end of life approx end of August this
> year.
>
> Rowland

Agreed. Perhaps we could edit this page as a part of the
re-documentation process? Or perhaps the main page's documentation link
should point directly to the wiki?

I think the latter is the better approach -- every time you direct
traffic to a page, you loose a portion of your flow. An intermediary
step (with too much very dated content) cannot be good for this.

Best Regards,
-Stefan