[Samba] Wiki should have Readme First

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 03:29:28 MDT 2014

Hi Kalus,

According to my understand.

The developer are still not push this usage with AD DC.

As they stated before samba 4 focus on AD DC functionality and some function may break.

Also some missing function making using as files server a bit troublesome.

Like wins server functionality not working.
Possible performance affected by AD DC.
CTDB missing.

Running 2 AD DC with replication should always be the base design.
And the 3rd server as the file server or AD member (with winbind/nslcd/sssd and etc)

Some might think that this is too many redundancy. But you have start using AD DC and putting tons of authentication application to this AD DC.

A fail single DC only meant trouble to everything.

Hope this explain.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chan Min Wai