[Samba] CTDB Error / tcp port 445 not repsonding

Vogel, Sven Sven.Vogel at kupper-computer.com
Thu Apr 3 15:10:05 MDT 2014

Hi,

i need some help. We have two Networks. A CTDB Cluster and one domain controller in the same network. All other domain controller are outside this network. They are both connected with a firewall / router.

We activated netbios over tcp on the other domain controllers outside but it seems that when we remove the single internal domain controller ctdb will not start with the following error. "tcp port 445 not responding"

Winbind and ad is working we checked it with e.g.  wbinfo -u.

We use: CentOS 6.3 / Samba from Sernet Repo 3.6.9-44 / CTDB version: 2.1.0.95.gb5a8791.devel

1.       What exactly ctdb checks during samba startup? (445?)

2.       What exactly is wrong or missing ctdb?

3.       Do we need update to a newer Version?

Thanks for help...

Sven Vogel