[Samba] Linux machine to join Samba Domain

vikas c.vikas at altechtechnologies.com
Wed Apr 2 06:20:02 MDT 2014

Hi
thanks for reply,

i need to start from scratch can some one tell/help with sssd.

question after reading
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/sssd
what should i do to start ? Do i have to install sssd on server ?

i tried to compile latest version on client ubuntu 12.04 64bit but it
was asking that you do not have any openldap server so i though i should
go with apt-get install samba-common-bin sssd sssd-tools autofs krb5-user ?

Samba compile and domain option used:

./configure --enable-debug --enable-selftest

$/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive

smb.conf *short version *
[global]
         workgroup = IK
         realm = IK.LOCAL
         netbios name = DC
         dns forwarder = 192.168.1.1
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
         log level = 0
         printing = bsd
         printcap name = /dev/null
         syslog = 0
#       include = /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf.client-%I

smb.conf *long version*
http://pastebin.com/P0V8BxAF

PS: i just tried likewise which worked great but it was not what i want.
Just thinking that if likewise can work, without modifying any thing on
server how do i start with other tool(sssd,nslcd etc)