[Samba] Modifying the AD scheme/ ldbmodify segfaulting

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Wed Apr 2 05:37:21 MDT 2014

On 2014-04-02 13:23, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 02/04/14 10:39, Sven Schwedas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2014-03-14 12:22, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>> Yes there is something wrong with the ldif, it should be two, move the
>>> last two parts (the objectClasses) to a new ldif. Now add the attributes
>>> ldif, then the objectclass ldif, this should work.
>> Okay, Steve's example LDIFs and my example attribute LDIF imported. The
>> classes, not so much.
>>
>>> ===============================================================
>>> INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 3930 (4.1.6-Debian)
>>> Please read the Trouble-Shooting section of the Samba HOWTO
>>> ===============================================================
>>> PANIC: internal error
>>> zsh: abort      ldbmodify -H sam.ldb
>>> /var/local/ldapschemes/mailclasses.ldif
>> cf. http://dl.creshal.de/mailclasses.ldif
>> (and http://dl.creshal.de/mailattrs.ldif , this one imported
>> successfully)
>>
>> gdb backtrace: http://dl.creshal.de/ldbmodfiy-backtrace
>>

>> Any ideas what causes this?
>>

> OK, where did you get these ldif's from???

Adapting ldif schemes of our old NT4 domain, I don't even want to know
where those come from, but I have to migrate them somehow. :-)

> If we take the top of the classes ldif, there are several things wrong:
[…]
> there are two missing attributes:
> name:
> lDAPDisplayName:
>
> You are setting it up as an auxiliary class and a subclass of user
> (which should be User), you also reference an auxiliaryClass even though
> posixAccount is already an auxiliary class of User
>
> You have set the defaultObjectCategory to contain
> 'CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at' when it it should contain
> 'CN=ucsUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at'

Okay, I added name/lDAPDisplayName to all classes, fixed their
defaultObjectCategory and removed the posixAccount stuff. Imports fine now.

Still: Why the hell does this cause a segfault, and isn't caught by the
parser? I had more errors in the files before, which were all caught
normally.

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at