[Samba] member joined, but...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 2 00:24:48 MDT 2014

Hai Rowland,

wel this is in it, is the same as for the 2 DC ( and are ips nameserver in resolv.conf )

resolv.conf
search internal.domain.tld
domain internal.domain.tld
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 192.168.1.2

krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
 dns_lookup_realm = true
 dns_lookup_kdc = true
 default_realm = INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD

i dont get it.
software installed ( from the script i run )
apt-get install sernet-samba sernet-samba-winbind fam acl attr quota -y
samba set to classic.
did kerberos setup.
checked with klist -e
joined the domain with : net ads join -U Administrator
started up samba :
/etc/init.d/sernet-samba-smbd start
/etc/init.d/sernet-samba-nmbd start
/etc/init.d/sernet-samba-winbindd start

/etc/pam.d/samba
# copy from /etc/pam.d/common-auth      - authentication settings common to all services
#
auth    sufficient                      pam_winbind.so
auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so nullok_secure use_first_pass
auth    requisite                       pam_deny.so
auth    required                        pam_permit.so

# copy from /etc/pam.d/common-account   - authorization settings common to all services
#
account sufficient pam_winbind.so
account [success=1 new_authtok_reqd=done default=ignore]        pam_unix.so
account requisite                       pam_deny.so
account required                        pam_permit.so

# copy from /etc/pam.d/common-session   - session-related modules common to all services
#
session required                        pam_mkhomedir.so
session required                        pam_winbind.so
session [default=1]                     pam_permit.so
session requisite                       pam_deny.so
session required                        pam_permit.so
session required                        pam_unix.so

nsswitch.conf
passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g
is ok, i get the users and groups.

getent passwd works ( if i set uid/gid in the unix tab of the users/group)

so looks all fine to me...  so whats going on.. i dont see it.

Greetz,

Louis