[Samba] Error0x00000006 with Point'n'Print Client Drivers

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Apr 1 12:11:42 MDT 2014

Hello Fabian,

Am 01.04.2014 18:54, schrieb Fabian Hoffmann:
> Server: Debian Squeeze, Samba version 3.5.6, CUPS cersion 1.4.4

I had very very very much problems with printing and could not use 3.4.0
up to 3.5.something until all my issues were fixed. I don't remember
which ones it was in detail, but I had to stay at 3.3.x until one of the
later 3.5 releases fixed everything.

So just out of my experiences, and of course as a general answer to that
old version, I can say: Please upgrade to a more recent version (4.1.x
or at least 4.0.x). 3.5 isn't maintained any more since 2.5 years.

If you are still having problems with a maintained version, let us know
here on the list, and identifying the issue is much easier then.

Btw. here is a printer HowTo, that is validated with recent versions:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server

Regards,
Marc