[Samba] Error0x00000006 with Point'n'Print Client Drivers

Fabian Hoffmann fabian.hoffmann at student.kit.edu
Tue Apr 1 10:54:54 MDT 2014

Hello,

I have a problem with the point'n'print driver installation. I followed
the instructions on
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/classicalprinting.html#id2626650
Now if I try to print on the Windows client I get an error 0x00000006.

Here is my configuration.
Printer: Kyocera FS-C2026MFP+
Server: Debian Squeeze, Samba version 3.5.6, CUPS cersion 1.4.4
Client: Windows 7 x64

So I configured the printer in cups, and confirmed it is working. I
configured the smb.conf with  "load printers = Yes" and with [printers]
and [print$].

On the client I can add the printer and am asked to install the driver
manually. I select the Kyocera FS-C2026MFP+ KX driver. Now I can print
from the client.

Now I want to add Point'n'Print. So I copy all the files named on the
printed testpage to the [print$] dir on the server. Then I use the
following to add the driver:

> rpcclient localhost -c 'adddriver "Windows x64" "Kyocera FS-C2026MFP+ KX:KMUC61BI.DLL:KMF09310.MDX:KMUU61BI.DLL:KMGKEN41.CHM:KM Language Monitor:RAW:KMBASE2.XML,KMFS61BI.DLL,KMRF61BI.DLL,KMRC61BI.DLL,KM3D61BI.DLL,KM3M61BI.DLL,KMPE61BI.DLL,KMWM61BI.DLL,KMPF61BI.DLL,KMPO61BI.DLL,KMSP61BI.DLL,KMCO61BI.DLL,KMPC61BI.DLL,KMPLSW02.DLL,KMPLSWIP.DLL,KMPLID01.DLL,KMIEDIT.DLL,KCMV3D.INI,CONFIDENTIAL.MIE,NOCOPY.MIE,KMPRPVW.EXE,KMPOPUPMGR.EXE,PMCLIENT2.DLL,KMXL61BI.DLL,KM5E61BI.DLL,KM5C61BI.DLL,KMPS61BI.DLL,KMPD61BI.DLL,KMAGFA1.FDF,KMPRE2.FDF,KM324010.DAT,kmautoc07.INI,kmquery07.XML,KACT2.EXE'

Then I connect the driver and the printer:

> rpcclient localhost -c 'setdriver Printername "Kyocera FS-C2026MFP+ KX"'

On the client I can now remove the printer and add it again, downloading
the driver from the server.

Everything looks good, until I try to print the test page. I get an
errror 0x00000006.
When printing from editor I get an error "The handle is invalid".

I did the whole process twice. The filenames now listed in the driver
properties are the same (even same order) as the ones on the first
testpage with manual driver installation.

I appreciate any help!

Cheers,
Fabian