[Samba] Local account login failed when samba join to LDAP

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:45:06 MDT 2014

On 01/04/14 07:37, Johnson Cheng wrote:
> Dear Rowland,
>
> I think I use NT4 PDC because of samba3.
> May I double confirm one thing with you, the only one solution for me is I should create all local accounts on LDAP server manually when samba3 join LDAP server?
>
> Regards,
> Johnson
Samba3 can join an AD domain, so when you say 'join LDAP server' what is
it actually joining to, another server running openldap, is openldap (or
similar) running on the same machine, or an AD server ???

If you are running a purely NT4 style domain, I would suggest that you
look into using smbldap-tools.

Rowland