[Samba] Host Cannot Access Samba
Amanda.Hicks at navcanada.ca
Fri Sep 27 13:56:33 MDT 2013
Answers as follows:
- The linux VB is on a different network than the server
- I have a log file generated for that VB ipaddress with errors:
getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
read_fd_with_timeout: client 0.0.0.0 read error = Connection timed out.
closed connection to service
-No firewalls between server and host or on host
Systems Analyst - Systems Engineering
280 Hunt Club Road
Ottawa, ON. K1V 1C1
hicksa at navcanada.ca
From: Marc Muehlfeld [mailto:samba at marc-muehlfeld.de]
Sent: September-27-13 1:37 PM
To: Hicks, Amanda
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Host Cannot Access Samba
Am 25.09.2013 19:57, schrieb Hicks, Amanda:
> Our windows clients can access samba but we have
> a user using linux in a virtual box that is getting > permission errors when trying to access the share.
> Can someone give direction to samples with Linux > client smb.conf?
You are giving to less information, to provide any help.
- Is the Linux in VB in the same network than the server? Or maybe the VB network is using NAT to connect?
- Anything in the logfiles on the Samba server? At least you should see the connection try. If not, increase the loglevel to 2 or 3.
- Any firewall on the VB Linux or on it's host? Or between them and the server?
More information about the samba