[Samba] "Element not found" when connecting to sysvol

Alan Romans aromans at ashlandhc.org
Wed Sep 18 15:28:54 MDT 2013

Future Googlers...

I noticed the problem was only occurring when I had both DCs turned on...so
a temporary fix is:

For your PDC (presumably with the FSMO role PDC Emulator) set to:

host msdfs = yes     # in global
msdfs root = yes  # in sysvol

For all of the other DCs:

host msdfs = no      # in global

It's more of a workaround than a solution, because you can only use dfs on
one DC...but at least group policy is working for me...