[Samba] [Help] Net Groupmap failing

Daniel Klier email at danielklier.com
Tue Oct 29 03:49:59 MDT 2013

Hello dear Samba folks!

I am trying to set up an Samba4 AD DC for more than a whole week now.
Being new i tried to learn and diagnose as much as i can, but soon I am
at the end.
So please help me before I go crazy :)

The problem in short: I can't add groupmappings.
What else doesnt work in the backgroud, I don't know,
i just tested the core functionalities, which seem to work.
Here the facts:

I installed the current master-branch from the git-repo at samba.org,
running Ubuntu 12.04 on an virtualmachine. Some more details on the os:

    # uname -a
    Linux pdc 3.8.0-32-generic #47~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 2
    16:22:28 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    # samba -V
    Version 4.2.0pre1-GIT-30e5a5c

I installed it before after different other tutorials, haveing the same
problem.
This time I followed closely to your and this tutorial
<http://www.jadota.com/2013/01/installing-samba4-on-ubuntu-12-04/> and I
am getting following errors at starting samba:

    ... # [ everything registered and loaded (see full log in
    attachment) ] ...
    Terminating connection - 'wbsrv: wbsrv_call_loop:
    tstream_read_pdu_blob_recv() - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED'
    single_terminate: reason[wbsrv: wbsrv_call_loop:
    tstream_read_pdu_blob_recv() - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED]
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Initialise the svcctl registry keys if
    needed.
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Initialise the eventlog registry keys if
    needed.
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: start_background_queue: Starting
    background LPQ thread
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Failed to fetch record!
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: waiting for connections
    ... # at the end:
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_kcc: ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
    Completed samba_kcc OK
    ... # followed by this errors every few minutes with up-counting pid:
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Could not find child 6078 -- ignoring
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Could not find child 6957 -- ignoring
    /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: Could not find child 7865 -- ignoring

The result is that i can list shares, c cant use this
     Command: ' net groupmap add rid=512 unixgroup=domadmins type=d
ntgroup="Domainadmins" '
     Error:         adding entry for group Domainadmins failed!

Every other tests are positiv (smbclient, dns tests per host)... but the
domain isn't visible in Windows networks or by smbtree at linux clients.

I am trying now to report this as an bug, if you say it's not an user
problem ;)
Thanks for your attention in advance!

Kindest regards,

Daniel Klier