[Samba] Override Linux homedir given by AD

Simon simon at calmblue.net
Wed Oct 30 16:27:58 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have successfully joined a Debian 7 box to a 2008 R2 Windows Domain
using Samba and Winbind. The Linux uid is pulled from the uidNumber in
Active Directory as is the shell and home dir. PAM is also configured to
create a user's homedir on login.

The trouble is that in AD the homedir is set to '/User' and I don't want
that to be the case on the Debian boxes - I would like to set it as
/home/domain/user.

Can I override the homedir setting on a per-client basis using the
smb.conf?

I have tried using Template homedir = but it doesn't seem to have an
effect.

Thanks