[Samba] unknown authentification failure - Samba 4.0.1 pdc

bugblatterbeast samba at bugblatterbeast.de
Wed Oct 30 15:21:36 MDT 2013

Am 30.10.2013 11:12, schrieb Rowland Penny:
> Sorry, I missed the attachment, but now that I have had a look at your
> smb.conf, it would seem that you are mixing up an NT PDC with an AD DC.
>
> You need to remove the following from the smb.conf on the Samba4 AD DC:
>
>        logon drive & logon home, these are only used by NT Workstations.
>
>        logon path, again only used by NT Workstations and you should
> now have this info in each users data in AD ( profilePath attribute )
> and this is also setup by [profiles]
>
>        security = user, totally un-needed, this is the default
> security setting in Samba. Also it is superceeded by the fact that you
> are running as an active directory domain controller
>
>        public, this is a synonym for guest ok. You are allowing
> anybody to connect without a password, in my opinion, this should
> never be in [global].
>
>        log file, You will end up with a logfile called log.%m in
> /var/log/samba instead of the standard log.samba & log.smbd
>
>        browseable, There is at the present time no network browsing
> (network neighborhood) in Samba4 but you can connect by address.
>
> Remove the above and restart Samba4 and lets go from there.
>
> Rowland

Hello Rowland,

thanks for your effort. I've deleted the obsolete values from the
smb.conf, but it didn't do the trick. I've also activated 2 of the other
network adapters for samba. I'll attach the result of tesparm to this mail.

I really wish, there was a way to log all the kerberos-calls and
authentication-errors. I really think, it's related with that. The
system is running half a year now with about 20 clients and it's just
this one workstation that's causing such trouble.

nice regards