[Samba] unknown authentification failure - Samba 4.0.1 pdc

bugblatterbeast samba at bugblatterbeast.de
Tue Oct 29 15:10:00 MDT 2013

Am 29.10.2013 20:53, schrieb Rowland Penny:
> I will say it again, but this is the last time, post what OS's you are
> using, what versions of samba you are using & where, finally post your
> smb.conf's. Without this info, nobody will be able to even start to
> help you.
>
> Rowland

I did attach the smb.conf to the last mail.
I wrote in the subject, that I'm using samba 4.0.1.
I have to admit, that I forgot to write that the client OS is Windows 7
SP 1 and the server's OS is Ubuntu 12.4 LTS.

I don't know how to say this, without being misunderstood, but I really
think, that we're not on the same page here. I don't ask for anybody to
hold my hand. I'm working with samba for over ten years now - I'm just
new to active directory and I just want to ask the community, if anybody
has seen this problem before and/or can give me a hint, how to
determine, what's causing this strange behaviour on one single
workstation, while all the others are working fine. This ought to be
some kind of windows problem, but a little more verbosity from samba
would be very helpful.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND YOUR TIME, SOLVING MY PROBLEM. Thank you very,
very much (I really mean it), but it's fine. I do appreciate your
efforts, I just don't want anybody to bother. If you've heard about this
problem before, it would be nice if you could tell me about your
experiences - otherwise it's ok - really.

I sincerely hope, that nobody feels offended by that. It's not my intension.