[Samba] samba-tool group add omits RFC2307 attributes (4.0.9 as AD DC)

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Oct 29 03:19:01 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 11:01 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> steve <steve at steve-ss.com> writes:

> > If you want everything to just work, I'd suggest sssd v1.10 or newer
> > which has a very good AD backend for stuff like you want.
>
> And that.  I knew about sssd, but started with nslcd because I'd used it
> before and had a handle on it.  I'm on Debian 7 which ships sssd 1.8.4.
> I can look into backporting 1.10 or 1.11 from jessie/sid - is >1.10
> critical, or merely nice-to-have?

Hi
1.10 and above have a dream of an ad backend and throw in dns updates
too. Given the rapid development of sssd since the samba4 libraries came
on the scene, the 1.8 series is showing its age and doesn't integrate
with ad as well. So, to answer your question, not 'merely', rather
'very'.

I don't know whether debian will fire up with ubuntu stuff, but there's
a 1.11.1 ppa here:
https://launchpad.net/~sssd/+archive/updates

HTH
Steve