[Samba] unknown authentification failure - Samba 4.0.1 pdc

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Mon Oct 28 12:40:44 MDT 2013

b> Am 28.10.2013 18:30, schrieb Rowland Penny:
> [...]

-SUPERSNIP-

b> @rowland:

b> I did reply to my own post as you might have noticed. Please mind you
b> manners or stop answering to my posts, if you be so kind. I really don't
b> need the nagging of some cranky wannabe-expert.

Dude, you're plonking yourself.

Rowland and Steve are serious masters and spend a LOT of time helping
people. You're pissing off some of the best help here, and if you do
that, you'll be reduced to asking people like me who don't know nearly
so much for help.

IMO, you're throwing the vinegar around and hoping to catch flies. My
guess is that you'll be far less than impressed with the results.

b> @Mr. Muehlfeld:

b> I'm sorry, to bother you. Do you by chance remember how you solved this
b> problem 10 month ago? It would be a grat help.

b> @all:

b> By the way, I'm out of the office now. If anybody else thinks, that my
b> standard smb.conf or anything else could help solving this particular
b> problem, I'd gladly post it tomorrow.

You might instead try rebuilding the OS on that workstation, or at
least take the time to elaborate why you can't or don't think that's a
great idea. Otherwise, *I* think we're all wasting our time trying to
help you.

b> Thanks in advance, bbb
If that's thanks, I'd hate to see the back of your hand.

-Greg