[Samba] How to add Conditional Forwarders in Samba4 with Bind9_DLZ?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Oct 28 10:40:21 MDT 2013

Hello Julian,

Am 28.10.2013 09:19, schrieb Julian Timm:
> Hi! We need to add a Conditional Forwarder to our Samba4 Domain.
> With the DNS Snap-In from Microsoft i can reate Zones, but if i try to
> add a Conditional Forwarder, i get an error message that this is not
> supported by the server.
>
> How i can add a Conditional Forwarder with Samba4 and Bind9_DLZ Backend?

I guess it's not supported (yet). But feel free to add a bug
report/feature request.

But you can configure forwarders directly in named.conf. You only can do
this on the server and not through the DNS-SnapIn.

zone "domain.you.want.to.forward" {
         type forward;
         forwarders { 192.168.0.1; 192.168.0.2; };
};

Regards,
Marc