[Samba] Samba 4.1 - security tab missing - cannot grant security rights to folders

bogdan_bartos admin at blackpenguin.org
Wed Oct 16 08:26:36 MDT 2013

I am using samba 4.1.0 on Fedora 19 x64. I compiled from source and
provisioned from scratch. I joined the domain with a Windows 7 Pro x64
machine. I do see the shares on the server, but I do not have the security
tab to set permissions on the folders. The unix filesystem rights are set to
root:root to 770. I do not know what the problem is. I did not experience
this issue on previous versions on samba 4. Is this a knonw bug?