[Samba] samba-tool group add omits RFC2307 attributes (4.0.9 as AD DC)

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 18:32:16 MDT 2013

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:

> I wouldn't even care about this, but nss_winbind sees fewer accounts
> than wbinfo which in turn sees fewer accounts than samba-tool!

Hm, since it has been a couple of weeks since my last post, I decided to
recheck these symptoms -- they're *nearly* gone!

Note the last line is a site-specific group, whereas the rest look like
wacky internal AD things.

    root at gumbo:~# samba-tool user list | while read x; do getent passwd $x >/dev/null || echo MISSING: $x; done
    root at gumbo:~# samba-tool group list | while read x; do getent group $x >/dev/null || echo MISSING: $x; done
    MISSING: Allowed RODC Password Replication Group
    MISSING: Enterprise Read-Only Domain Controllers
    MISSING: Denied RODC Password Replication Group
    MISSING: Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access
    MISSING: Windows Authorization Access Group
    MISSING: Certificate Service DCOM Access
    MISSING: Network Configuration Operators
    MISSING: Terminal Server License Servers
    MISSING: Incoming Forest Trust Builders
    MISSING: Read-Only Domain Controllers
    MISSING: Group Policy Creator Owners
    MISSING: Performance Monitor Users
    MISSING: Cryptographic Operators
    MISSING: Distributed COM Users
    MISSING: Performance Log Users
    MISSING: Remote Desktop Users
    MISSING: Account Operators
    MISSING: Event Log Readers
    MISSING: RAS and IAS Servers
    MISSING: Backup Operators
    MISSING: Domain Controllers
    MISSING: Server Operators
    MISSING: Enterprise Admins
    MISSING: Print Operators
    MISSING: Administrators
    MISSING: Domain Computers
    MISSING: Cert Publishers
    MISSING: Domain Admins
    MISSING: Domain Guests
    MISSING: Schema Admins
    MISSING: Domain Users
    MISSING: Replicator
    MISSING: IIS_IUSRS
    MISSING: DnsAdmins
    MISSING: Guests
    MISSING: Users
    MISSING: pi

    root at gumbo:~# grep -vE '^[[:space:]]*(#|$)' /etc/samba/smb.conf
    [global]
    realm = PI.PLANETINNOVATION.COM.AU
    workgroup = PI
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    winbind enum users = yes
    syslog only = yes
    syslog = 3
    debug timestamp = no
    interfaces = 172.29.49.19/12
    bind interfaces only = yes
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /dev/null
    logon drive = U:
    logon script = logon.cmd
    [homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = no
    writable = yes
    create mask = 0700
    directory mask = 0700
    valid users = %S

    [netlogon]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/PLANETINNOVATION.COM.AU/scripts
    writable = yes

    [sysvol]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
    writable = yes

    [...other shares...]

    root at gumbo:~# grep -vE '^[[:space:]]*(#|$)' /etc/nsswitch.conf
    passwd:         files winbind
    group:          files winbind
    hosts:          files dns
    [boring other bits]

I'm not sure why the pi group isn't appearing.
Can I increase nss_winbind.so's logging?

    root at gumbo:~# ldapsearch -LLLUcyber '(&(cn=pi)(objectclass=posixgroup))'
    SASL/NTLM authentication started
    Please enter your password:
    SASL username: cyber
    SASL SSF: 0

    dn: CN=pi,CN=Users,DC=pi,DC=planetinnovation,DC=com,DC=au
    cn: pi
    instanceType: 4
    whenCreated: 20131008002306.0Z
    uSNCreated: 3812
    name: pi
    objectGUID:: iuv8UXOqlEqVZaMPoXMzNQ==
    objectSid:: AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAAq+hW2qxp0+SENVq93wsAAA==
    sAMAccountName: pi
    sAMAccountType: 268435456
    groupType: -2147483646
    objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=pi,DC=planetinnovation,
     DC=com,DC=au
    gidNumber: 1019
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: posixGroup
    objectClass: group
    msSFU30NisDomain: pi
    whenChanged: 20131008002625.0Z
    member: CN=xyz,CN=Users,DC=pi,DC=planetinnovation,DC=com,DC=au
    member: CN=xyz-pc,CN=Computers,DC=pi,DC=planetinnovation,DC=com,DC=au
    [...lots more members...]
    uSNChanged: 5153
    distinguishedName: CN=pi,CN=Users,DC=pi,DC=planetinnovation,DC=com,DC=au