[Samba] User Administrator (and only it) access denied on member server

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Oct 27 11:45:25 MDT 2013

Am 27.10.2013 14:31, schrieb steve:
>> Why for "Administrator" it looking for "SAMBA\Administrator", rather
>> than "Administrator", but for other accounts it's working correctly?
>

> Do you want the domain admin to be root of the linux member?
>
> If so, make a username map e.g. /home/alex/smbmap:
> !root = SAMBA\Administrator SAMBA\administrator SAMBA\\Administrator
> SAMBA\administrator
>
> (I've put the alternatives because I'm not sure if you need to escape
> the \)
>
> then put it in smb.conf:
> username map = /home/alex/smbmap
>
> I'm sure there must be an easier way but anyway. . .

What about (can be set globally, too):

admin users (S)

This is a list of users who will be granted administrative privileges on
the share. This means that they will do all file operations as the
super-user (root).

You should use this option very carefully, as any user in this list will
be able to do anything they like on the share, irrespective of file
permissions.

       Default: admin users =

       Example: admin users = jason

Regards,