[Samba] User Administrator (and only it) access denied on member server

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Oct 27 07:31:31 MDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 16:31 +0400, Alex Wakizashi wrote:

> Why for "Administrator" it looking for "SAMBA\Administrator", rather
> than "Administrator", but for other accounts it's working correctly?

Do you want the domain admin to be root of the linux member?

If so, make a username map e.g. /home/alex/smbmap:
!root = SAMBA\Administrator SAMBA\administrator SAMBA\\Administrator
SAMBA\administrator

(I've put the alternatives because I'm not sure if you need to escape
the \)

then put it in smb.conf:
username map = /home/alex/smbmap

I'm sure there must be an easier way but anyway. . .
HTH
Steve