[Samba] Samba 4.1 + User Homes

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Oct 26 11:16:37 MDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-26 at 18:10 +0200, spamvoll at googlemail.com wrote:
> Does not change anthing,
>

> drwxrws---+  4 3000000 users   36 Okt 26 17:38 bspears
> drwxrws---+  2 3000000 users   35 Okt 26 17:34 testuser
>

> all users have access to both homedirs

Correct. That's 770 and the sticky bit. There's an acl set on the
directories. Also the users are not correct. I think 30000000 is Domain
Admins. certainly not bspears anyway. How are the users mapped onto the
filesystem? winbind perhaps? Does getent passwd bspears return anything?
What do you have for passwd and group in /etc/nsswitch.conf?

For a temporary fix, you can remove the acl
setfacl -b bspears
 and
chmod 0700 bspears

but unless you have the uid:gid mapping fixed, it's never gonna work
properly.
HTH
Steve