[Samba] User home directory UID:GID incorrect on VM Samba 4 AD client

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Thu Oct 24 22:05:46 MDT 2013

On 10/24/2013 01:31 AM, steve wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 21:21 -0600, Paul R. Ganci wrote:
>> I used both the nfs and cifs auto.home methods and both work. I did
>> switch over to using cifs version.
> Just one curiosity you may be able to comment on: any  speed differences
> with the nfs to cifs changeover?
Hmmmm ... it appears I was mistaken about the cifs automount working.
Not sure what I did wrong. Unfortunately my real job is getting in the
way of my looking into the problem at the moment. For now I will just
live with the nfs mount and will go back to sorting this problem over
the weekend. I really want to set up the AD backend first then can deal
with cifs automount issue. I will be happy to do some speed analysis then.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)