[Samba] user creation with samba-tool issue

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Oct 24 11:03:02 MDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 17:46 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:

> Hi Steve, if nss-ldapd relies on the posix objectClasses, then in my
> opinion, against an AD server it is broken
>
> Any Linux tool that you use against a Samba4, must also work against a
> windows server WITHOUT any modifications, sorry to say but samba-tool
> fails on this at the moment because it adds the totally un-needed posix
> objectClasses.
>
> Rowland

Hi Rowland
nss-ldapd works OK without, _but_ we have to use filters to get at the
posix attributes. As we do with nss-ldap. sssd and winbind work with
whatever is already present in AD.

Just for the OP's sake, maybe he could try without the posixAccount and
have a go with:
filter  passwd  (objectClass=user)
filter  group (objectClass=group)
in /etc/nslcd.conf