[Samba] PROBLEM WITH PRINTERS.

Ezequiel Larrarte elarrarte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 08:42:56 MDT 2013

Hi people, I have a print server using Debian, LPRNG and SAMBA working
without any problems. Now I 'm trying to set up a new server with
CentOS 6, CUPS and SAMBA.

It 's a very simple setup: a few local users and a few printers,
nothing special. The clients also map the printer using 'net use lpt1
\\mainserver\printerX' because they need to print over an old DOS
application.

However, I 'm getting this kind of error in SAMBA logs:
[2013/10/24 10:05:18.350631,  0]
rpc_server/spoolss/srv_spoolss_nt.c:1748(_spoolss_OpenPrinterEx)
  _spoolss_OpenPrinterEx: Cannot open a printer handle for printer \\mainserver

After a lot of tests, I cannot figure out what the problem might be.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance!