[Samba] user creation with samba-tool issue

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 24 06:42:07 MDT 2013

On 24/10/13 12:51, dahopkins at comcast.net wrote:

> [...]
Hi, when you try to login, just where are you trying to log into? a
windows machine or the samba 4 server?

Reason for asking is that I am using a similar script around samba-tool
and whilst I can login from windows with a domain user & password, I
seem to be struggling to login into the samba 4 server via ssh etc.

One last thing, I noticed that your script is adding the posixAccount
objectClass, you do not need to do this. The posixAccount & posixGroup
objectClasses are auxillaries of the 'user' objectClass and as such are
never added or required by windows.

Rowland