[Samba] user creation with samba-tool issue

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 05:51:35 MDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 02:48 +0000, dahopkins at comcast.net wrote:
>> I am creating a user with samba-tool. I am essentially using the s4user script (very slight mods to echo some data and assign some site-specific data).
>>
>> The syntax in the script for a test user is
>>
>> samba-tool add user test.user47 Passw0rd!

>Hi
>No, strange. It doesn't work if you specify it on the command line of
>the script but it does if you don't and type a password at the prompt.
>Is specifying the password at user creation time an option for you?
>Steve

I actually didn't try not using a password with the script. I didn't want to delete that line of the script so I just echoed what the password had been set to instead. I'll test removing the password and typing it when prompted by the script. If this works, I guess it will have to be the work-around for the moment .. though doing this for 350+ accounts that need to be created isn't sounding very enticing.

Sincerely,
Dave