[Samba] User home directory UID:GID incorrect on VM Samba 4 AD client

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Wed Oct 23 07:22:22 MDT 2013

On 15:08:18 wrote Paul R. Ganci:
> I have a problem that has me completely perplexed. I have a home
> samba  4.0.10 (sernet-samba-4.0.10-5) AD server setup on a DELL
> 2950III running CentOS 6.4. On my network I have another 2950iii
> with CentOS 6.4 used as a NAS box, 2 CentOS 6.4 desktops, 1 Windows
> XP PRO box, 1 Windows 7 PRO laptop and 1 CentOS 6.4 VM (on the Dell
> 2950iii AD server) all joined to the domain. For the NAS box, 2
> desktops and Windows box everything works perfectly. I can
> authenticate, mount via autofs the home directories, use roaming
> profiles. manage the AD from the Windows boxes... everything is just
> fine. However on the CentOS guest on the 2950iii which provides the
> samba 4 AD server the domain user's home directory UID:GID are
> coming up as "nobody:nobody" instead of "username:domain users".

I am not using centos but debian. But I've seen similiary problems when
I changed my setup from "native kvm" to "kvm with libvirt".

Check the iptables output for dhcp and dns forwarding from the host to
the vm. I solved this issue by not using libvirts networking definition.
Instead I manualy create bridges and just add the vm taps to these
bridges.

--

	Harry Jede