[Samba] Samba 4 Consistent uid gid mapping across servers.

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Oct 22 14:15:49 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 20:30 +0300, Gints Neimanis wrote:

> Clean provision always is good idea, but I have >1000 existing user
> base, group policies and wished to keep them all.

Hi
Don't rule out staring from nothing. In the time it takes to work out
how to do it with the existing db and schema, you can probably do it
manually with a bit of help from wbinfo beforehand. 2 of us did an 800
user school from nothing in a weekend. When you have all the users, just
use a big hammer on the file server to chown stuff. The GPO's only take
you a few mins once you have the OU's.
Cheers and good luck,
Steve