[Samba] DFS share: free space?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Mon Oct 21 03:05:55 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 10:19 +0200, Alexander Födisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible, to use DFS and show the correct values of free space?
>
> I set up a DFS-share located on filesystem1 (size 50GB) and linked shares of another server to this share
> (msdfs:<fs>\share):
>
> share1: size 110TB
> share2: size 50TB
> share3: size 20TB
>
> But connecting to the DFS-share, the disk size of this network drive ist 50GB. Unfortunately files larger than
> 50GB can not be copied to the network drive .
>
> Any ideas?

You could use the following option in the share definition

    dfree command = <insert your own command here>

To report the right amount of free space. Of course you will have to
come up with your own script/code to return the correct amount of disk
space. You will also probably want to set the dfree cache time to
something none zero to prevent too many dfree commands being spawned.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.