[Samba] authentication issues

antonello info at antonellofacchetti.it
Sun Oct 20 02:13:20 MDT 2013

I've set up a system with a zentyal 3.0.26 samba 4 server.
I've got win7, winXP, ubuntu 12.04 clients.
Users log on the win clients correctly.
On linux clients when users log on the second time I got a warning
message saying that the password will expire and have to be changed in
a short period of time and the system hangs, thus not logging in.
I don't want password to have any expiration time, but I couldn't find
where to set this feature on the zentyal dashboard.
Moreover, I don't have this issue on the windows clients, so I may think
that the issue is due to the linux system on the client side. Still I
don't know how to cope with it.

Antonello