[Samba] samba 4 and external dns(bind)

Amaury Viera Hernández avhernandez at uci.cu
Fri Oct 18 09:34:12 MDT 2013

On 10/18/2013 10:23 AM, Taylor, Jonn wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 09:10 AM, Amaury Viera Hernández wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I need to use samba 4 server, but I need to install a server with a
>> dns service(bind9.8) in other server.
>> Is that possible?
>> If yes, There is any documentation for it?
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Dns-backend_bind

Well,
Yes, That's the tutorial for using bind with samba,
but if I use samba in the server01.domain.anything and I need to use
bind in the server02.domain.anything.
There are some steps in the tutorial that I can't understand, for example:

  Bind 9.8 / 9.9

A DNS keytab file was automatically created during
provisioning/updating. Add the following' tkey-gssapi-keytab' option to
the 'options' section of your named.conf:

options {
      [...]
      tkey-gssapi-keytab "/usr/local/samba/private/dns.keytab";
      [...]
};

Note that /usr/local/samba/private/dns.keytab is in other server

and

During provisioning/upgrading, a file
('/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf') was created, that must be
included in your Bind named.conf:

include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";

Note that: /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf is in other server

Besides, the content of include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf"; is:
database "dlopen  ...  dlz_bind9.so" and this is in other server

--
Atentamente, Amaury.