[Samba] Samba 4.1.0

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed Oct 16 10:55:03 MDT 2013

Hello,

Am 12.10.2013 17:15, schrieb bogdan_bartos:
> I am using samba 4.1.0 on Fedora 19 x64. I compiled from source and
> provisioned from scratch. I joined the domain with a Windows 7 Pro x64
> machine. I do see the shares on the server, but I do not have the security
> tab to set permissions on the folders. The unix filesystem rights are set to
> root:root to 770. I do not know what the problem is. I did not experience
> this issue on previous versions on samba 4. Is this a knonw bug?

Is this share on a filesystem filesystem that supports user_xattr and is
it mounted with this flag?
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares#Filesystem_support

Did you compile Samba with ACL support? Look here for required packages:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements

Please give some more information about your environment (DC/Member
server/standalone, filesystem, etc.).

Regards,
Marc