[Samba] the print processor does not exist

Thiago Parolin tlparolin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 07:32:16 MDT 2013

Hi all,

When i try to install one printer shared by a samba server (3.6.6) in a
Windows 7 (x64 home premium and professional) clients, i get "The print
processor does not exist" and i can not install nothing.
All printers are mapped through .bat file, using "net use" command,
specifying user/password.
I always install like this: in run window (win+R), type the samba server ip
(\\192.168.1.2) and hit enter, a new windows open prompting user/password.
After, double click on printer to connect.
On machines that printer was already installed, the print continues normal.
Maybe this is not a samba issue.
Are there some things to be done in samba side?
I tryed put in smb.conf "use client driver = Yes" but nothing was changed.
Can anyone help me?

sorry about my english.