[Samba] idmap problems after update from 3.0.33 to 3.6.6

Thomas Attenberger thomas.attenberger at gmx.net
Wed Oct 16 04:12:46 MDT 2013

Hello,

we are using a standalone samba server, which is a Win2008R2 domain member.
The access rights on the shares are set with acl's.
After the update I could access the shares. But if i take a look to the
rights on the shares with "getfacl" I see only numbers instead of usernames
and groups. Then I did a "getent passwd".There are now other numbers mapped
to the users as before the update of samba! So now again "getfacl", there
are now wrong user and group names...

Here is the smb.conf after the update. I changed only the idmap parameter.

[global]

        workgroup       = ATRON
        realm           = ATRON.LOCAL
        security        = ADS
        preferred master = no
        server string   = %h
        log file        = /var/log/samba/smb.log.%m
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind separator = +
#       idmap uid       = 10000-20000
#       idmap gid       = 10000-20000
        idmap config ATRON:range=10000-20000
        template shell  = /bin/bash
        username map    = /etc/samba/smbusers

Unfortunately I'm no samba expert, so I hope someone can help me...

Regards
Tom