[Samba] Samba4 Redundant DCs

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 00:15:28 MDT 2013

Hi

On 15 October 2013 23:39, Thomas Maerz <tmaerz at brewerscience.com> wrote:
> I have semi-successfully provisioned 2 domain controllers on one domain with (I think) working replication. I followed the Samba wiki and used the sernet-samba-ad repos and packages on CentOS 6.4 x64. Questions:
>
> Replication status has times for outbound neighbors as @ NTTIME(0) on both sides. What does this mean? dc1: http://pastebin.com/atxPraCA dc2: http://pastebin.com/V9JkwbUq

I believe that means it has never replicated to AUTH1.

> Both reports end with "Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!" What does this mean?

I am not sure.  Maybe this is relevant, although it's quite old:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-November/080377.html

> How does DNS replication work here? I followed this: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC#Check_required_DNS_entries_of_the_new_host and had to add A record by hand and also the CNAME record. When it comes to the last step which I believe to be setting the name server to the newly provisioned replicated domain's own internal DNS (I'm using internal DNS), I set /etc/resolv.conf to point at <IP address> at which point DNS won't resolve anything. Is there something I can check here to ensure this is working or do I have the wrong idea altogether here?

I've not tried this, but I think that should work.  If you try
querying the second DC with samba-tool do you see the DNS records?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>