[Samba] Samba4 - PDC - RHEL6 - Slow browsing from Mac clients

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 08:59:13 MDT 2013

I've been running netatalk for my OS X clients with great success. The
performance isn't as good as Windows to Samba, but its a HUGE improvement
over any version of OS X with any SMB server. 30 seconds with wireshark
will tell you why OS X's browsing performance is so horrible.

Another point of OS X/Samba misinformation is that Apple dropped Samba
which is an SMB server. OS X's SMB client never shared any code with Samba
any did not change as a result of the Samba purge.

Here's hoping 10.9's SMB driver is as improved as Apple is claiming it to
be.