[Samba] Samba 4.1.0 join Windows 2003 Server with BIND9_DLZ

Mauricio Alvarez maurialvarez303 at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 11 09:45:19 MDT 2013

Jaco,

I am also having problems joining an existing Win2k3 domain using samba 4.0.10. Today I tried 4.1.0, same story (I get a drsuapi.DsBindInfoFallBack object has no attribute--see a few messages above in the mailing list). Now in desperation I am trying samba-head.

What concerns me is that previous version of samba4 I could bind OK to the domain (but then had problems with replication, so I had to start over).

By the way, are you running in Win2003 functional level? Did you install Group Policy Client Side Extensions for Windows Server 2003 (KB943729)?